Choosing the best mode of media for your business increases the potential for businesses to engage your audience and aggregate your marketing efforts. New content trends, powered by the latest animated applications – virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) – are proving engaging content is taking on new paradigms.
Individually, VR, AR and animation have had an impact on the lifestyles of consumers and the learning experiences of students, trainees and delegates. However, it is a combination of all three that is proving to have the greatest impact for businesses. Each application has its own unique design, but also enables marketers to diversify and amplify content.
The advantages of Virtual Reality
VR delivers an immersive environment for users by isolating them from the distractions of the outside world. Participants wear headsets that enables them to take in information using sensory perceptions, and use controls to navigate the simulated environment as if it was the real world.
Interactive app designs therefore allow businesses to build any environment you want and create a virtual world in which users have a real-life experience. Numerous industries including medicine, finance, retail and business are finding innovative uses for VR:
- Several studies have revealed VR is an effective learning tool
- VR technology fosters collaborative projects and enriches shared learning experiences
- VR helps develop skills and solve problems quicker than traditional solutions
- Virtual environments provide real-life experiences in safe learning environments
- Administrators can monitor user performance and reactions and provide a revolutionary feedback process
- Increases attention spans and concentration levels
- VR can be used to transcend the globe and share experiences in the same part of the world from two remote locations
The benefits of Augmented Reality
Augmented reality takes VR to the next level. Whereas VR creates a simulated world, augmented reality enables app designers to include specific features that enhance the user experience by adding virtual components.
AR technology superimposes digital images so you can add relevant features to the virtual environment you create. The technology typically involves downloading an application on to a mobile device whereby end-users can interact between the real and virtual worlds. Some of the benefits AR offers are:
- Nurture learning experience by making training programs and learning environments more detailed, exciting and interesting
- Unlimited options to add features and keep building the virtual environment as and when you need it
- AR hardware is intuitive so you can create your own unique features or build-in programs developed by third-parties
- Enhances learning experiences by creating profound images or directing users to additional information
- AR technology is cost-effective because it works with existing hardware such as smartphones, tablets and laptops
Why Animation works
Animation brought an entirely new dimension to the film industry and is a proven format for people of all ages. Animated content has since captured the imagination of businesses and the media is being used in numerous ways including training, marketing, education and sharing new information. Animated content:
- Brings the subject to life and creates engaging content for audiences
- Animation is easier to make than shooting live-action videos
- The options to create are endless
- Developers can produce animated video quicker than traditional film making process
- Animation is flexible and all creators to easily make updates and edits without having to reshoot the entire scene
How does VR, AR and animation compliment one another?
Whilst animation and AR provide the graphics that bring video features to life, VR builds on the user-experience by enabling them to view the animation from a new perspective. In most cases, the technical process is the same as linear projects, but the end result is a fully immersive experience that helps participants “live” events in their mind.
AR and animation help to keep production costs low. Animated content is easier to produce and edit. Although virtual reality requires businesses to invest in VR headsets such as Oculus Rift or Daydream View, the experience offers greater value and significantly improves engagement and ROI as our example show:
- We created a 3D film for the European Bank to showcase its Trade Facilitation Programme. The programme was instrumental in confirming over 800 banks worldwide and has won numerous awards.
- The Virtual Vortex AR App we designed for Varia Solutions drive ROI by capturing consumer contact details that can be used for Door Drop and In-Store POS.
- This 90-second explainer video for Royal Mail’s new Address Now product supports internal business processes with clean and accurate customer details.
As more people begin to embrace new technologies, animated content enhanced by AR and VR enables users to experience engaging content that enhances learning capabilities. And as the hardware and software becomes more accessible, the cost of producing non-traditional content provides a cost-effective solution with high-quality results.
To discuss media options that would suit your engagement strategy, contact us here.