Fill in your details to receive your free guide
Augmented Reality Presents Incredible Opportunities
Immersive technologies offer new opportunities for a vast number of businesses. Among the leading technologies is augmented reality (AR) – an advanced technology that blends real-world surroundings with digitally enhanced graphics in real-time. In short, AR provides users with an interactive experience of the real-world through a smartphone or tablet. Businesses can use AR applications to educate consumers and employees about your products, engage customers with a meaningful shopping experience and create lasting connections.
Studies have shown that AR applications that convincingly imitate a direct product experience can make a significant impact on consumer intent and purchasing decisions. AR also has tangible benefits for visualising product development in the very early stages of the design process. The capacity to conceptualise products in high fidelity makes the development process far easier, eliminates risks and dramatically lowers the level of investment.
How Do Augmented Reality Applications Work?
AR applications fulfil three basic features: a combination of real and virtual worlds, real-time interaction and an accurate 3D reiteration of virtual and real objects. There are various ways companies can deploy AR:
- Superimpose computer-generated objects over a real-world environment
- Recreate the real-world with digitally enhanced graphics and create an interactive experience
- Detect real-world objects with a device and provide more information for customers
- Provide location information
AR is deeply engaging. It immerses users in enhanced environments and stimulates senses including vision, touch, hearing, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory. As a result, businesses can provide end-users with a stimulating experience that captivates your audience.
Benefits of Augmented Reality
- Provides customers with additional information in real-time
- Enhances marketing messages and employee training modules in a fun and engaging way
- Empowers customers to make better-informed purchasing decisions
- Adds value to the customer journey
- Applications easily accessed through smartphones and tablets
- Content can be customised to provide customers with a personal experience
- Get ahead of your rivals and raise brand and product awareness
How Businesses Can Use AR?
- Intensify shopping experiences
- Provide information about products and services in-store, at events and trade shows
- Enable customers to save time
- Help businesses understand how to improve processes
- Provides designers with insights that aid product design and modelling
- Engage customers with games and interactive experiences
- Enhance employee training modules and e-learning suites
Upgrade The User Experience
Augmented reality provides companies across multiple industries with the opportunity to significantly enhance marketing campaigns, product development and staff training. The technology can be used to provide an immersive experience that intensifies the involvement of the user. Augmented graphics add value to content by providing customers with insightful information – often in a fun and engaging way. AR is being used in a brand selection of sectors including:
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare
- Food and Beverage
- Estate Agents
- Travel and tourism
Make The Most of AR?
Before diving into an AR project, it’s important to understand how your audience feels about the technology. The good news is that the early signs indicate consumers are positive and excited about AR.
- 65% of consumers say AR helps them learn more about a product
- Studies show AR influences purchasing decisions
- Consumers are intrigued by AR and want to understand how an immersive experience helps them make informed purchasing decisions
- 73% of mobile AR users are either satisfied or very satisfied with their AR experience
Why Sliced Bread Animation?
Sliced Bread is a creative and friendly team of experienced and highly-talented individuals. With a long history of design, animation and commercial strategy, we have strong business acumen and understand how digital tools engage users and enhance learning experiences through communication. Having worked with a number of blue-chip clients, we have a profound understanding of how augmented reality applications benefit companies of all sizes together with the know-how to overcome challenges such as scanning 3D objects, calculating dimensions and processing data without any glitches.
To ensure AR fulfils its potential for your project, we work closely with you to understand your precise objectives and address the key points of your goal:
- Determine the target audience
- Set expectations and envisage what success looks like
- Envisage the experience you want to provide
- Organise the creative approach
- Outline the content and decide what the key audience takeaways will be
If you want to know more about how to effectively use AR for your business take advantage of our free downloadable guide: “Harness The Power of Augmented Reality”. In the guide you will discover:
- The benefits of providing fun and engaging content
- Frequently asked questions about AR
- Examples of how businesses are using AR
- How AR significantly improves user experience
Prefer to talk?
If you still have questions about what augmented reality can do for your business, or you want to discuss an idea with us, feel free to get in touch and speak with one of our experienced technicians. Contact us now on or give us a call on +44 (0)207 148 0526